Sunday, May 7, 2017

Response #2 The Blanch Is In Us

After reading "A Streetcar Named Desire" by Tennessee Williams for a second time, I continue to identify with Blanche. Most of this play is in effect of the situations that she has been subjected to, and how they have altered her reality. Blanche in her lifetime had been placed in many unfavorable situations. Such as, walking in on her childhood sweetheart fornicating with another man and then committing suicide, losing her sister and family, losing her home, being raped and essentially losing herself. I identify with Blanche because although at some points she behaves with lunacy, this is only because she has faced so much adversity she has lost who she is. In order for her to cope with this she has created her own reality and is happy remaining in the facade. I also have faced intense adversity within my 19 years of living that has made me able to empathize with Blanche. When life knocks you down sometimes its hard to get back up, therefore you find any way to cope that can get you through the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment